Vitamins/Supplements: As always I try to find organic supplements containing no GMO’s, fillers, binders or preservatives (NO microcrystalline cellulose, magnesium stearate, or silicon dioxide) for the best possible prices whenever possible. All of the supplements offered are ones I have used or are using myself.
As you eat better and become healthier, you will need less and less nutritional supplements and proper dosing is key. Most are for occassional use and to get your body back to normal once compromised. As any informed nutritionist or doctor will tell you, always take supplements with food to insure proper assimilation and absorption.
- Acetyl L-Carnitine: 1000 mg 200 Capsules – Highly available form of L-Carnitine to fuel the brain. Has been shown in some cases to reverse neuropathy, support healthy cognitive function, reduce fatigue, and increase memory function especially when used in conjunction with R-lipoic acid (Nora Geguadas, Primal Body, Primal Mind). Gelatin and rice powder the only other ingredients.
- Alpha-Lipoic Acid – 100 mg – Antioxidant Support, 120 Count. Alpha-Lipoic Acid is a fat and water-soluble antioxidant that is easily absorbed by cell membranes. Helps protect the body against damaging free-radicals. Both fat- and water-soluble, enabling it to quench free radicals both inside and outside the cells. Extends the life of other antioxidants, recharging them so that they can continue to protect the body.
Warning with Alpha-Lipoic – Most publications recommending this product do not know that in some individuals it can inhibit the conversion of T4 into T3 by the thyroid. If you already have a thyroid problem or suspect you might, check with a doctor specializing in thyroid disorders before taking. See Overcoming Thyroid Problems, David Brownstein, M.D. for further discussion on this topic.
- Betain HCI – Nature’s Life Betaine HCL Capsules with Pepsin, 648 Mg, 250 Count. Betaine Hydrochloride is a gastric acid. It along with the pepsin are natural aids to support healthy digestive function. Betaine occurs naturally in many vegetables, particularly beets. Particularly useful in transitioning from a grain-based diet to a low-carb, paleo type diet.
- B12 Sublingual – Superior Source No Shot Methylcobalamin B12 Multivitamin, 1,000 mcg, 60 Count. If you have been using a B12 supplement with little results, try these! Methylcobalamin is superior to the cyanocobalamin form. Under the tongue quick dissolving tablets ensure absorption by the body.
- Boron – Good State Liquid Ionic, 10 Drops Equals 1 mg | 1.6 Fl oz Bottle. Ionic Boron is a rich, concentrated liquid dietary supplement that provides boron in an ionic form-the form most widely recognized by the body and improves absorption. The liquid form provides flexibility of dosage. It is a critical mineral in maintaining healthy parathyroid function. Boron may support healthy bones and joints. Recent clinical studies indicate that boron interacts with calcium and magnesium to promote optimal bone metabolism. Evidence also suggests boron may support normal brain function. The brand “Good State” receives good ratings from Labdoor, while other Ionic competitor products contain concerning levels of arsenic, so I have steered away from them.
- Boron (Glycinate) – Pure Encapsulations. 2mg|60 capsules. Pure Encapsulations products are free from wheat, gluten, egg, peanuts, magnesium stearate, hydrogenated fat, artificial sweeteners and colors, and other unnecessary excipients. Boron is a critical mineral in maintaining healthy parathyroid function. It may support healthy bones and joints. Recent clinical studies indicate that boron interacts with calcium and magnesium to promote optimal bone metabolism. Evidence also suggests boron may support normal brain function.
- Calcium Magnesium supplements are hard to find in an affordable bio-available form without the usual additives. Alternative doctors and nutritionists are recommending you obtain calcium from your diet. Bone and fish broth and raw grassfed is your best bet for this and they are my primary sources of calcium. When calcium is obtained through supplements, they are recommending smaller doses taken throughout the day. The calcium magnesium supplements offered below are easy to take in smaller doses and if combined with the Trace Mineral Drops, offer better absorption and a better ratio of Calcium to Magnesium than when taken alone. As always, take with meals.
- Calcium Magnesium and Vit D3 – 250 Capsules, Nature’s Way. Calcium, Magnesium and Vitamin D are best absorbed when taken with fats. Fish oil is a perfect companion. Take 1 fish oil capsule for every Calcium/Mag/D pill if I can’t eat with a fat containing meal. Includes an advanced chelate complex for optimal absorption. These are also best assimilated if taken in smaller portions throughout the day.
- Calcium Magnesium – 250 Capsules, Nature’s Way. Includes an advanced chelate complex for optimal absorption. When muscle cramps have struck, these were fast acting to alleviate pain. Fish oil is a perfect companion. Take 1 fish oil capsule for every Calcium/Mag pill if I can’t eat with a fat containing meal. These are also best assimilated if taken in smaller portions throughout the day.
- Chromium – Helps maintain healthy blood sugar levels already within a normal range. Niacin-bound, biologically active chromium. Chromium is a component of a number of enzymes that release energy from cells and is required for proper receptor functioning necessary for nutrient metabolism.
- Coenzyme Q10 – By Natural Factors 120 capsules, 100 mg in easy-to-swallow softgel capsules. Coenzyme Q10 also called CoQ10 or Ubiquinone is a natural substance essential to cellular energy production. It is an antioxidant that scavenges free radicals throughout the body and is involved in maintaining normal heart function. CoQ10 works well with Vitamin E and other antioxidants. Suggested Use: 1- 2 capsules daily taken with fish oil for enhanced absorption.
- Curcumin-Turmeric – Schwartz Bioresearch Turmeric Supplement, 90 capsules, 1500 mg. I like this brand because it contains NO GMO’s, fillers, binders or preservatives. NO microcrystalline cellulose, magnesium stearate, or silicon dioxide. For increased absorption and bioavailability, it contains 10mg of BioPerine® per serving, (the most researched and trusted form of black pepper extract) which is proven to dramatically enhance your body’s absorption of Curcumin. A must have for any quality curcumin supplement. Their curcumin is also free of gluten, soy, milk, egg, shellfish, corn, wheat, and peanuts. Take with meals.
- D3 Vitamin Sublingual – Superior Source Extra Strength Vitamin D3 1,000 IU Tablet, 100 Count. Vitamin D works in conjunction with other nutrients to promote the development and maintenance of strong bones, teeth, connective tissue and the immune system. This product is D3 in its most available form. They instantly dissolve under the tongue and go to work fast. Best if taken with morning meal and food containing Vitamin A in its preformed state as in eggs, butter, and organ meat. Remember, vitamin D is fat soluble. Once you are healthy, you don’t need this everyday and I like controlling the dosage apart from other supplements.
- Dandelion Root – Oregon’s Wild Harvest, 90 Vcaps, 1200 mg. Organic. No GMO’s, preservatives, additives or fillers – no nasty magnesium stearate or silicate. Encapsulated dandelion root carefully screened for quality, purity and potency. Dandelion root is used to detoxify the liver, kidneys, and gallbladder, and to help with kidney function.
- D-Mannose Urinary Tract Health – with Cranactin, 1000mg, 120 Count. This stuff is amazing and works! Prevent bladder infections from beginning and eliminate the use of antibiotics. Includes cranberry extract and 30 mg of antioxidant-rich vitamin C to assist the immune function. D- Mannose is a type of sugar that attracts the detrimental bacteria which in turn prevents adhesion to urinary tract lining. Once the bacteria are free-floating, they can be flushed from the system with adequate amounts of water. NOTE: I don’t recommend this for everyday use or severe infections. Everyday use encourages an imbalance in the ratios of bacteria to fungus naturally present in our bodies. With severe infections you will need to go to a doctor for antibiotics. This is for occassional use and to get your body back to normal once compromised.
Fish Oil – No fishy after taste as you get with taking oil by the teaspoon. 1000 mg – 250 Softgels
- Lysine – Hypoallergenic Supplement. Helps Maintain Healthy Arginine Levels and Immune Function. Lysine is an essential amino acid that cannot be manufactured by the body and must be obtained from the diet. It acts as an immune support and is particularly helpful in maintaining healthy gum and lip tissue and in reducing anxiety.
- Magnesium (Glycinate) – Pure Encapsulations 120mg | 60 capsules | 90, 180, 360 count capsules.
OVERALL HEALTH: Magnesium activates the enzymes necessary for a number of physiological functions, including neuromuscular contraction and cardiac function.
CELLULAR ENERGY PRODUCTION: Magnesium is necessary for the metabolism of carbohydrates, amino acids and fats, as well as for energy production and the utilization of calcium, phosphorus, sodium and potassium.
PURE INGREDIENTS: Hypoallergenic, research-based dietary supplements. Products are meticulously formulated using pure ingredients designed to deliver predictable results for the benefit of all patients, even the most sensitive.
FREE FROM: Pure Encapsulations products are free from wheat, gluten, egg, peanuts, magnesium stearate, hydrogenated fat, artificial sweeteners and colors, and other unnecessary excipients. Any product containing ingredients derived from allergens, such as soy, dairy or shellfish is clearly labeled.
- Magnesium Mineral Drops – Mineral Drops are high in ionically charged magnesium and features a broad spectrum of trace elements missing from our modern soils (even organic) and water without a huge sodium load. Take these along with calcium magnesium supplements to ensure a better ratio of calcium to magnesium. Because the minerals are ionically charged, they increase the absorption of other nutrients like calcium. Good as an electrolyte replacement. Minerals are best absorbed with a diet containing adequate amounts of fat and fat soluble vitamins (A, D, E, and K). A few drops of these have calmed me right down when I have awakened in the middle of the night.
- Magnesium Oil for topical application. By Dr. Barbara Hendel. 8 fluid oz. A super saturated spray of pure magnesium chloride and water. It’s mined from deep underground at the site of the ancient Zechstein Sea in The Netherlands. It’s non greasy and absorbs rapidly leaving little residue and no unpleasant scent. This is a great alternative for people who have difficulty with ingesting magnesium supplements and works wonders for cramping, crazy leg, and muscle soreness. Moisturize skin before using to prevent stinging from the salts.
- Melatonin – Superior Source sublingual. This product is available in 1mg, 3mg, 5mg or 10mg. Melatonin acts as a natural aid for healthy sleep regulation and the promotion of normal sleep cycles. Place tablet under the tongue at bedtime. I recommend you start with 1mg and take only when stressed, traveling, or can’t fall asleep. If 1mg doesn’t seem like it works, slowly work up. Taking too much melatonin will have the obverse effect. Sublingual works best because it goes directly into your blood stream and won’t be destroyed by stomach acids.
- Milk Thistle – 250 mg, 90 V-Caps.Certified Organic by Oregon Tilth, Non-GMO Verified. Manufactured in the USA, packaged in a BPA-FREE plastic bottle. NO binders, fillers, or preservatives. Standardized to 80% silymarin and assures specific measurable levels of this important compound. Silymarin is the key constituent that protects against potentially harmful substances in the liver.
- Probiotic – 50 Vcaps 2 Pack. Each capsule contains 10 Probiotic strains and 25 billion organisms. Only one capsule a day is needed. Designed to provide high potency and a balanced spectrum of beneficial bacteria found in human intestinal tracts. Regular intake of beneficial probiotics can aid in maintaining healthy intestinal flora. A high quality product at a bargain price. Probiotics in particular should be taken with food – the bacteria need something to eat too!
I love my Propur Big with 2 ProOne G2.0 7″ Filter Elements. The filters get rid of every toxin and the water still tastes sweet.
Yoga and Exercise Equipment
- Massaging Foam Rollers – These hollow-core & soft foam roller are 13″ in length and 5″ in diameter making it portable and space saving. The Foam Rollers come with 3 different surface pattern designs, each creating a unique pressure types. The hollow core foam roller has been designed to withstand constant, HEAVY-DUTY, and repeated use without breaking down. Lifetime Warranty and Money Back Guarantee.